Recomp calories

Discussion in 'THOR' started by Sean, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Sean

Sean New Member

So to recomp I eat at maintenance BUT do I get eat a little more on lifting days and less on non lifting days? I am going to do 5 day split.

2. ABC123

ABC123 Active Member

Recomping is basically maintenance calories.
    Workout Days - Surplus
    Rest Days - Deficit

Make sure total weekly calories even out to maintanence calories. You can play with the amounts of calories to see what you feel best on training days as well as not having to go too low on rest days.

3. Sean

Sean New Member

OK thank you for reply.

4. Sean

Sean New Member

Would the sprinting day be considered a day to increase the calories as well?

5. ABC123

ABC123 Active Member

I would definitely have some carbohydrates post sprinting to help with cortisol/stress. Sprints are very taxing if done with the effort needed. You could have this day just at maintenance calories.

6. Sean

Sean New Member

Does he have the calorie scheme posted anywhere? I have combed through videos and forums also the book. I can not find it. I would rather just eat flat maintenance everyday but I will do whatever is optimal this just seems like a headache though.

7. ABC123

ABC123 Active Member

No but it's typically 20% over maintenance on surplus days and 20% under maintenance on rest days.

It doesn't have to be complicated are exact calories. Just simply eat more when training and less on rest days

8. Sean

Sean New Member

Alright thanks for the help man. :)

9. ABC123

ABC123 Active Member

Anytime! Good luck!